I don’t know about you, but when it comes to Easter I love how cute the different colors and decorations are! It’s really the only time of year where decorating with pastel colors and bunnies is totally acceptable. Now I love all the fun colors put when it comes to making those colors happen in our food, dyes a really not my favorite thing. It’s one of those things to make food more fun and festive, but are extremely toxic!
If there’s one thing we should kiss goodbye its artificial dyes, but does it mean we have to stop making food colorful and fun all together? Definitely not! There are plenty of natural foods used to create those beautiful colors! Here are some of my all-time favorites!
• Matcha Powder & Spirulina = Green
• Beetroot powder & Red Berries = Pink & red
• Turmeric = Yellow
• Blue = Blue Spirulina
This is one of the simple ways to replace toxic ingredients in your kitchen while keeping your kiddos excited and healthy food fun!
Here is an example of Easter inspired parfaits!
• 1/4th cup chia seeds
• 1 cup almond milk
• Honey to taste
• 1 & ½ cup Yogurt (I used almond milk yogurt)
• Combine liquid and chia seeds, mix well and set aside to let gelatinize.
• Separate the yogurt into equal amounts and add color. Start with small amounts and add more until the desired color is reached.
Mix in honey to taste.
• Add Chia seed pudding, then the yogurt mixture and top however you like! It would be a fun project to gather toppings fitting your theme and have your kids decorate them individually!
Thank you again for stopping by!
- Sonya Peacocke