I don’t know about you guys, but since I live in Florida the term seasons isn’t used very often. We have hot, really hot, don’t go outside, and cold or otherwise known as seventy degrees. This makes getting into the spirit of fall a little more difficult. You can imagine the dilemma of this New England gone South girl as I see my family and friend up north posting darling photos with their sweaters and fall foliage.
Because of my dilemma, I have decided to crank up the AC, throw on a sweater and make a pumpkin spice treat that keeps you cool, while satisfying those cravings. Not to mention the benefits of pumpkin including potassium, fiber, and antioxidants! Another win for pumpkin is that it is easy to digest because of its high fiber, low starch, and low sugar content. I added pumpkin to my smoothies, while on the Candida cleanse as a substitute for bananas and it would help keep that creamy and rich texture that bananas provide!
SO without further Aude, here is my fall smoothie recipe!
· 4 frozen cubes of pumpkin
· 2 frozen cubes of coconut milk
· 2 frozen cubes of sweet potato
· 1/4th cup dairy free yogurt
· 3/4th cup milk
· 1 tsp pumpkin spice
· 1/4th tsp. Unrefined Stevia leaf powder or sweetener of choice
· 1 TBS Flax meal
· 1 TBSP protein powder (Optional)
· Place all the ingredients in a blender and you know the rest!
· Oh and don’t forget to enjoy, if you forget about it there will be a melted pool of ingredients waiting for you when you come back. I know because I have been there and it’s not pretty…