I don’t know about you guys, but sometimes when I get a little ah...hangry at night all I can think about is ordering dominos gluten free pizza without the cheese. I then realize how terrible that actually sounds and I begin to think a little straighter. The problem is that I usually still want to something resembling junk food because it’s quick calories that taste fantastic.
Thankfully in my most recent moment of hangry junk food craving moments, I realized that chicken, gluten-free flour, and ketchup were about to become my best friends.
This is my recipe for healthy Chicken nuggets. I want to give a shout out to the hunger inside of me to help motivate this nugget of gold.
· 1 lb. chicken breast
· ½ cup coconut flour or almond flour
· 2 eggs
· 1 tsp. Turmeric
· 1 tsp. Onion
· 1 tsp. Cumin
· 1 tsp. Garlic
· Salt & pepper
· Cut your chicken into roughly 1-inch cubes.
· Combine coconut flour and spices together.
· Whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl.
· Dip the chicken in the egg mixture then into the flour mixture.
· Cook chicken over medium heat with coconut oil until cooked through and outside is crispy.
· Once your chicken is cooked, grab some of your favorite sauces weather it me BBQ, Ketchup, salsa, etc. and enjoy!
This recipe is awesome, but you might end up with a few crumbles in the pan. You can actually save these and use them for toppings for salads, kinda like informal croutons!
Let me know what you think about the recipe, and what your favorite kinds of junk food that you would like to recreate!
Thanks again for reading!